[Ctn-crosscom] ISO alpha-2 & alpha-3 codes

Alexander Schubert alexander at schubert.berlin
Mon Jul 4 15:16:20 UTC 2016

Hello,

yes, that is well known - there could in theory be a ".aa" gTLD for American
Airlines (aa.com) as that is one of the codes that is "public domain" (much
like the IP address space 192.168.X.X).

But please let's not open YET ANOTHER can of worms by introducing a
discussion whether .aa or .zz shouldn't be made available. I think we should
develop an understanding that the ENTIRE 2 letter name space is forbidden
fruits for everyone with an appetite in gTLDs.

Any other opinion?

Thanks,

Alexander Schubert