[Ctn-crosscom] ISO 3-letter country codes

Timo Võhmar timo.vohmar at internet.ee
Thu Jun 2 13:38:40 UTC 2016

Hi Alexander,

I agree with your point on governments/GAC not wanting to give up the
control over the 3 letter codes and full names for that matter. So in that
sense I admit the wishful thinking there.

Also thank you Annebeth for your comment on the formal difference of gTLD
and ccTLD. On that matter I continue to be in position that 3-letter codes
as well as full country names should be treated as ccTLDs because I cannot
imagine a government that would be fond of idea that their national TLD
would be subject of ICANN's and US regulations instead of local ones.

Best Regards,

Timo Võhmar
Arendusjuht / Head of development

Eesti Interneti SA  / Estonian Internet Foundation
www.internet.ee