[Ctn-crosscom] Agenda CWG-UCTN on Monday, 02 May 2016 at 2000 UTC.

Joke Braeken joke.braeken at icann.org
Mon May 2 14:34:45 UTC 2016

Dear all,

The co-chairs and staff met last week to:

-          prepare for today's conference call;

-          discuss arrangements for the Helsinki meeting; and

-          take stock of where we are at this point.

It was noted by all that we have received some helpful input in comments to the three-letter "straw-woman proposal".

But we also agreed that we have not yet received a significant number of comments, and that those we have received present what are, in some senses, diametrically opposed views.

With this in mind, we turned to thinking strategically about how to move forward, and specifically whether and how the new ICANN Meeting B "Policy Forum" structure might assist us in doing so. The meeting B format is focused on SO/AC/SG/C policy work and cross-community outreach.  Currently geo names as TLDs - including country and territory names - are being discussed by different threads within the ICANN environment, and the Policy Forum in Helsinki is an excellent opportunity for cross-community discussion.

We propose that, in our upcoming conference call on May 2nd 20:00 UTC, we not only acknowledge the comments received on the straw-woman to date, but also to have an open discussion about the upcoming Helsinki meeting and how we might strategically use our time there to progress our work.

You will find this reflected in the proposed agenda below. We look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas.

AGENDA
meeting of the CWG on country and territory names as TLDs  scheduled on Monday, 02 May 2016 at 2000 UTC.

  *   Welcome
  *   Acknowledgement of the comments received on the straw-woman paper to date – 3 character codes as TLDs
  *   Suggested approach for ICANN56 in Helsinki
  *   AOB

Best regards,

Joke Braeken
ccNSO Policy Advisor