[Ctn-crosscom] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs 23 May 2016

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue May 24 05:52:54 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting held on Monday, 23 May 2016 at 20:00 UTC at: <http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03Zqpss8WXFfrFCZWcNBJ2btkeLlFs2t0Jr5vsCXdoVQVxdC2Q-3D-3D_bE-2FoTL3xpeyRVrNxqAJXQ5-2Fc3sJwLoyf3pmXa1IzazbYz4-2Bd8qa-2FJrWpKIptw4WpH-2Bv8N5ihUeILy8hhfEZ0k6OieCmGDkoU70IAQv3trcfxXtX-2Fhd24YsmyQp3NfZxV31qsIoSxEQ7NTVGcmRDBW7rOASOzkff5omc3A312aJ5wC9bvbyLTK-2BKSpSUrB1hSGYAoVurea3FDx6fFCQ5KXAP-2FN6JRU6uY3FoCnKAjnpqoKsTyrS3DeTlZHDeu4SEX9Tw6KjSQYo7hRkEcOcoYuTWAgt9UESXpqZ-2BdsrvB5plG07FaGVsJeA2Jh5NJkQSBmOoIZGEdR5ZtF8TI6zRHwDYGVUWuo4g8wHKiC8c-2BucvzV-2Fcs2dx0mDRcP8sVEbd176lbkJ6yx-2FLdYu68AlVqlo4A7-2BLp6xaJExvr-2FlLwX37xmF85-2BtD2XmxyyvDhUS9NZNAsxJ5oHhfrK1efCdp0TNVYIkTqHJfbTbSNMqRml7esEFTYZpjKAyyjQJdqy45b> http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ctn-23may16-en.mp3<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ctn-23may16-en.mp3 > <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ctn-23may16-en.mp3 >

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

ccNSO:
Ron Sherwood, .vi
Sebastien Pensis, .eu

Young-eum Lee, .kr

GNSO
Heather Forrest, IPC (co-Chair)

Carlos Raul Guttierez, NPOC  (co-Chair)
Griffin Barnett, IPC
 Maxim Alzoba, NTAG (GNSO)
Alexander Schubert, RySG

ALAC:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr

Expert:
Jaap Akkerhuis  ( ISO 3166 Expert)

Apologies:
Susan Payne, NTAG (GNSO)
Laura Hutchinson, .uk (ccNSO)

Colin O’Brien, IPC
 Annebeth Lange, .no
Panagiotis Papaspiliopoulos
Sanna Sahlman, .fi

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings

Lars Hoffman
Brian Aitchison
Bart Boswinkel
Joke Braeken
Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

                                                ****************

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 23 May 2016:

    Nathalie Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the meeting of the Use of Country and Territory Names as top-level domains CWG  on the 23 May 2016

  Nathalie Peregrine:Agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/5wKOAw
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:Hola Nathalie!!!!
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:how are the kids doing? sleeping?
  Nathalie Peregrine:Welcome Carlos! And yes, please do not jinx it :)
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez::)
  Bart Boswinkel:Hi All
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:Hello you all
  Heather Forrest:Hello everyone
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello everyone
  Ron Sherwood:Hi everyone
  Alexander Schubert:Hey there, hello to you all!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Hi
  Joke Braeken:Hello everyone
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:I see a rather long list a apologies
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Sorry  I was wrapping up another call
  Nathalie Peregrine:Young-eum lee has joined the call
  Nathalie Peregrine:Jaap Akkerhuis has joined the AC room
  jaap akkerhuis:Having network problems, sorry for the delay
  Nathalie Peregrine:Welcome!
  Heather Forrest:Bart - I have a question about timing
  Marika Konings:the latest draft of the schedule can be found here:https://community.icann.org/display/ccmeetschedplan/Meeting+Schedule+Planning
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):I will have to attend RPM PDP session
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):I have overlap  re the post  1500 slot  as well but planned to be with us for the 1st part
  jaap akkerhuis:Sound is very spotty for me as well
  Nathalie Peregrine:@ Carlos, we can dial out to you in order to improve on your audio, please let me know if you would like us to
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:I´m fine
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:haven´t lost a word so far
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:unless you can´t hear me......
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):I would have had clashes all of the Te afternoon ...  There is always cashes
  Heather Forrest:GNSO did indeed request geo names as a separate topic but we didn't get a spot
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):yes Marika  It is Tue
  Heather Forrest:I don't want us to get in trouble with Meeting B scheduling
  Marika Konings:I just found the topics that were available for selection for a cross-community slot, and this topic was grouped in with the new gTLD Subsequent Procedures together with other topics (6PDP New gTLD Subsequent ProceduresIssues related to the assessment of the first new gTLD round and the preparation of subsequent rounds:a.   Metrics: (what empirical data is available for evidence-based policy-making on new gTLDs)b.   Promoting applications from underserved regions/developing countries: (lessons learnt and proposals for next rounds)c.   Community applications: (lessons learnt and proposals for next rounds)d.   Geographic Names and other Names of public interest: (lessons learnt and proposals for next rounds)e.   CCWG Country and Territory Namesf.    Safeguards / PICs: (experiences made during first round and lessons learnt for next rounds)g.    CCT Review: (lessons learnt so far and proposals for next rounds)
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):.onion is in IANA table
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:its a RESERVED name
  Marika Konings:the new gTLD Subsequent Procedures Cross-Community Session is currently scheduled for Tuesday afternoon from 17.00 - 18.30.
  Bart Boswinkel:Please note the scheduling is moving around at the request of the GNSo. I also want to convey concenr of the ccNSO Porgramme Wg that some / large proportion of the ccTD presnts will most likely not atttend the meeting
  Bart Boswinkel:the blocks ar eopen fro cross-community sessions
  Heather Forrest:If we are on the agenda at Subsequent Procedures we need to seize that time
  Bart Boswinkel:Tuesday will have other meetings
  Alexander Schubert:Some Geo names ARE 3 letter codes!
  Bart Boswinkel:orgnaised byt he ccNSo at that time
  Heather Forrest:Marika - do you know, is there a point person planning the subsequent procedures timeslot? Bart, maybe we should liaise with them before going forward?
  Marika Konings:The session leader is identified as 'GNSO' so I suspect that the new gTLD PDP WG is hoping to take charge, so I would suggest you reach out to the chairs of that group (Jeff Neuman, Avri Doria and Stephen Coates) as well as support staff (Steve Chan/Julie Hedlund) to see if that is indeed the case?
  Heather Forrest:Great, that sounds like a good way forward
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:@Marika at Heather I will reach out to new gTLDs
  Heather Forrest:Plus it gives us an opportunity to open dialogue with them
  Marika Konings:Apologies, I have to drop off here. Do let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.
  Alexander Schubert:Germany?
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:sorry
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:I meant .ch and .suisse
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:great
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):SET UP LOOKS OK TO ME BART
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):WE NEED TO BE ONTERACTIVE
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Sorry CAPS
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:txs CLO (=> 3-letter code for Cheryl)
  Ron Sherwood:@ Bart +1
  Heather Forrest:Good to know, Bart, thank you
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:How long do we have to confimr the meeting???
  Heather Forrest:Meeting B is a huge challenge. Hopefully we can get the people we're interested in in the room but it might be a challenge
  Heather Forrest:@ Carlos - Bart says finalised schedule by Wednesday
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:this week?
  Heather Forrest:Yes, this week
  Heather Forrest:Hooray Bart!
  Heather Forrest:No other issues from me
  jaap akkerhuis:bye bye
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):bye
  Alexander Schubert:Bye
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):bye
  Ron Sherwood:Thank you everyone bye for now
  Sebastien Pensis:Goodbye all, thank you