[Ctn-crosscom] UPDATED Mp3, Attendance, AC Chat for Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Tue Sep 20 02:37:06 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting held on Monday, 19 September 2016 at 21:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-cwg-ctn-19sep16-en.mp3
<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-cwg-ctn-19sep16-en.mp3> <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-cwg-ctn-29aug16-en.mp3>

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sept

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

ccNSO:
Annebeth Lange, .no
Laura Watkins, .uk
Mirjana Tasic, .rs
Sebastien Pensis, .eu

Timo Vohmar, .ee

GNSO

Carlos Raul Gutierrez, NPOC  (co-Chair)
Heather Forrest, IPC (co-Chair)
Alexander Schubert, RySG
Robin Gross, NCSG
Griffin Barnett, IPC
Maxim Alzoba, NTAG (GNSO)

ALAC:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr

GAC:

Milagros Castanon Seoane

Additional Members:
Jaap Akkerhuis  ( ISO 3166 Expert)

Apologies:

Sanna Sahlman, .fi

Susan Payne, IPC (GNSO)

ICANN staff:

Bart Boswinkel

Steve Chan

Emily Barabas
Joke Braeken
Michelle DeSmyter

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/Ux2sAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

                                                ****************

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 19 September 2016:

Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the CWG-UCTN call on Monday, 19 September 2016 at 21:00 UTC.
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello All
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):can not use mic :(
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):audio testpositive
  Milagros Castanon:hello to every one
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):thanks to all
  Milagros Castanon:carlos can you hear me?
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):no Milagros, te vemos pero no te oimos.....
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):wow tow good friends ina row
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):my lucky day
  Milagros Castanon:no worries.  I can hear you well.
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):hello to Rosalia Morales from nic.cr
  Rosalía Morales:Hola Carlos!
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):LAC is strongly represented today :)
  Rosalía Morales:Go LAC!
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):yes Emily
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):just a few minutes to get some excellnet Costa Rica coffee
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):@Carlos, it is unfair to talk about this kind of coffee
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair)::) we have a perfect sunny afternoon, with alot of volcano ashes in the air. Thats what makes the coffee so special......
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID)::)
  Bart Boswinkel:Hi All
  Annebeth Lange:Hello everyone
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):Happy to welcome Steve Chan and hoping he is back in good health!!!!
  Steve Chan:Thanks Carlos, I'm back and feeling good.
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):great
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):ok
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):lets go now
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Top of the hour
  Heather Forrest:good morning everyone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):morning to you Heather
  Mirjana Tasic .rs:Hello everybody
  Alexander Schubert::-)
  Alexander Schubert:The gNSO PDP doesn't care about the scope of our group. They just care about new gTLDs.
  Alexander Schubert:zes
  Sebastien Pensis:Loud and Clear
  Alexander Schubert:hear me?
  Sebastien Pensis:You have gone away
  Annebeth Lange:No, Alexander, we do not hear you
  Annebeth Lange:Yes
  Bart Boswinkel:Alexander is that new hand
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):loud typing
  Bart Boswinkel:?
  Timo Võhmar:I cant see what is wrong on my side
  Alexander Schubert:I get feedback from many entties in gNSO and GAC that they are waiting for input from our CWG...
  Alexander Schubert:Timo: At the top of the application you see a phone icon -activate the mic!
  Annebeth Lange:Alexander, do they wait for material input from the CWG, how to resolve the differences?
  Alexander Schubert:Seems they generally are being told in some way that to avoid dublication of work they should not touch the topic.....
  Timo Võhmar:looks a bit better - thank you Alexander
  Robin Gross:I agree with Heather about us suggesting no harmonization.
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):no harmonization possible Robin
  Robin Gross:Agreed.
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):Danke
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yup indeed it was Heather
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):our Report can indeed contribute  YES
  Laura Watkins:Is anyone else's audio dropping out?
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):no Laura
  Heather Forrest:Heather - not Annebeth
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):and there is plenty for the Reserved names  ST  to get on with pre our Report
  Heather Forrest::)
  Timo Võhmar:i can hear you fine
  Timo Võhmar:ok, i put my comments here
  Timo Võhmar:sorry
  Alexander Schubert:Activate the micro atthe top fo the application - andu nmute!
  Heather Forrest:Another thing I didn't mention is a follow up on a concern raised by Annebeth in our last meeting about ccNSO not being comfortable to contribute to the PDP without some guidance and support
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):We *do* need to facilitate that where w csn Heather yes
  Heather Forrest:GNSO staff have a 'newcomers' webinar and I have discused this with staff to ensure that such a webinar could be run to assist ccNSO, ALAC, etc in participating in the PDP
  Timo Võhmar:it is my beliefe that the question about country codes and names can only be solved in well balanced cross community working groups. I do not believe gNSO PDP is what suits here. So lets list the flaws that did not allow this cwg to achieve its goals and propose to form a new and better one.
  Mirjana Tasic .rs:Annebeth point on different definitions between ccNso and GNSO is very inportant
  Alexander Schubert:In regard of the next round gNSO PDP the most (maybe only) issue is 2012 AGB § 2.2.1.4.1
  Heather Forrest:I have a suggestion
  Alexander Schubert:Whereas our WG scope is MUCH broader!
  Rosalía Morales:I agree with Alexander and Timo
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):worth exploring that option Bart
  Alexander Schubert:AGREEMENT!
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):after all it is the comunity which is split in oppinion on how to treat 3 letter codes
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):OK with 1 and 3
  Alexander Schubert:1 and 3 are fine - but the next round new gTLD planners should stop waiting for output from us....
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Good plan Heather
  Alexander Schubert:What we  are doing is independent from the next round PDP.....
  Annebeth Lange:I agree on 1 and 3. I think that also coincides with the GAC advice in Helsinki
  Rosalía Morales:I also agree with 1 and 3
  Laura Watkins:Sorry my connection dropped.  I am back now but on chat only
  Alexander Schubert:Same happened here
  Annebeth Lange:Joke, could you make the script larger?
  Heather Forrest:I also suggest that we have a call that involves the Subsequent Procedures co-chairs and the co-chairs of the particular workstream dealing with geonames. There have been some comments made about their work that they would find helpful to hear and I think we would benefit from understanding their perspective on their own mandade
  Heather Forrest:mandate
  Heather Forrest:Annebeth - you can use the plus sign below the document to make it larger on your screen
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair)::)
  Annebeth Lange:Thanks, Heather
  Michelle DeSmyter:Also, to enable full screen mode, use the four arrows pointing outward on the gray bar  at the top of your screen
  Annebeth Lange:OK, but then I cannot see the chat at the same time
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):you need a 27" screen annebeth
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):then you can see everything
  Annebeth Lange:Bart, what you have summarized of the "history" is very useful. Especially the evolution of the AGB.
  Annebeth Lange:I am working on my laptop from home, Carlos, it is 11.45 pm here!
  Annebeth Lange:Another interesting issue if you look at the evolution of the AGB - and the Reserved Naes WG - and our preliminary recommendation on the use of 2-letter strings - they all seem to have the same result.
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):in the chat menu it is possible to choose chat sounds - so you need to look into chat only when something was added (you hear blip sound)
  Heather Forrest:This is an excellent record of our work - clear that we have done much more than we perhaps realised! I haven't had a chance to review comprehensively but will do so this week
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Indeed  excellent Doc!
  Annebeth Lange:Bart there are still a lot of comments to this documents that haven't been sorted out, especially from page 17 onwards. How do we deal with it? I think the staff has done an excellent work here.
  Annebeth Lange:I agree with you, Carlos, an excellent document.
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):it is 1 year of work there
  Carlos Raul (GNSO Co-Chair):2 & 1/2
  Annebeth Lange:I agree, Heather
  Robin Gross:Agreed.
  Heather Forrest:Let's see if we can agree on the progress report in our next call
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yes Heather  good plaan
  Heather Forrest:the interim report is a much longer work that will undoubtedly need more time, so we should get started on our comments straight away but we certainly won't have this finalised in the next call
  Heather Forrest:Agree - one more call to finalise progress report and another call to agree on interim report. Ideally progress report should be published before Hyderabad for discussion within our chartering organisations and the interim report should be final discussions in Hyderabad
  Annebeth Lange:I agree
  Heather Forrest:Important that we make a big push here to get as much done before Hyderabad as possible
  Annebeth Lange:Thank you for good chairing, Carlos
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):bye all
  Heather Forrest:Thank you everyone! Huge thanks to staff for work on the documents
  Alexander Schubert:tnx
  Rosalía Morales:bye all
  Sebastien Pensis:Thank you
  Robin Gross:Thanks, bye