[Ctn-crosscom] Recordings, Attendance & AC Chat from CWG on Use of Country/Territory Names as tLDS

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Tue May 23 22:54:47 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording, Attendance, AC Chat and AC Recording below for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as tLDs meeting held on Tuesday, 23 May 2017 at 20:00 UTC.

MP3:    http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ctn-23may17-en.mp3

AC Recording:    https://participate.icann.org/p6vrwi2pkhm/<https://participate.icann.org/p6vrwi2pkhm/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=4020b23172121acd7b0f66f76a51ad1d0d7d98e9a0c0fd4d5acdc0813f5651bd>

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: https://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Attendees:

ccNSO:

Annebeth Lange, .no

Grigori Saghyan, .am

Mirjana Tasic, .rs

Nick Wenban-Smith, .cymru

Rosalía Morales, .cr

 GNSO:

Griffin Barnett, IPC

Heather Forrest, IPC (co-Chair)

Maxim Alzoba, NTAG

Additional Members:
None

On Audio Only:
Carlos Raul Gutierrez, NomCom (co-chair)

Apologies:
Susan Payne, Japp Akkerjuis, Colin O'Brien, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Sebastien Pensis

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Emily Barabas
Joke Braeken
Steve Chan
Bart Boswinkel
Patrick Jones
Julie Bisland

Wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/4RDfAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julie

                                                ****************

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 23 May 2017

  Julie Bisland:Welcome to the CWG on country and territory names as TLDs meeting on Tuesday, 23 May 2017 at 20:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

  Grigori Saghyan:HI Julie!

  Julie Bisland:hello!

  Julie Bisland:Welcome!

  Heather Forrest:Hi all!

  Bart Boswinkel:Hi All

  Annebeth Lange:Hi all!

  Mirjana Tasic .rs:Hello everybody

  Rosalía Morales:Hi everyone

  Heather Forrest:Agreed Bart

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello All

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):I have update to my SOI - added GNSO Standing Selection Committee

  Heather Forrest:Good news that we received so many comments from a diverse cross-section of the community

  Heather Forrest:It makes sense to include the comments in the final report

  Annebeth Lange:I agree, Heather

  Annebeth Lange:This is clear, so far, Bart

  Heather Forrest:No questions at this point, Bart. I'll review and follow up on the list if needed

  Heather Forrest:The Subsequent Procedures PDP will hold a working session on geographic names in Johannesburg

  Steve Chan:The Geographic Names Cross Community sessions Heather mentioned will be held on two separate days. The first will be for 90 minutes and will take place on Tuesday, 27 June. The second session will be for 180 minutes and will take place on THursday, 29 June.

  Annebeth Lange:I agree, Bart

  Heather Forrest:Annebeth, your concerns need to be raised to the PDP co-chairs. This CCWG has no control over how the PDP goes about its work, but I'm sure that if you raised your concerns about a separate work track to the PDP members, this would be considered carefully

  Annebeth Lange:Thank you, Heather, it has already been raised in one of the conference calls, but I will send it in writing as well.

  Joke Braeken:Next call is scheduled in 2 weeks time on Tuesday, 6 June 2017 at 05:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

  Heather Forrest:Thanks Bart!

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):bye all

  Annebeth Lange:Bye

  Rosalía Morales:bye all