[client com] Revised List of Open Items (or "Punch List")

Client Committee List for CWG cwg-client at icann.org
Tue May 5 16:57:15 UTC 2015

Thank-you Sharon,

That’s very helpful and timely.

Jonathan

From: Client Committee List for CWG [mailto:cwg-client at icann.org]
Sent: 05 May 2015 16:42
To: 'cwg-client at icann.org'
Subject: Re: [client com] Revised List of Open Items (or "Punch List")

Hi Jonathan,

In terms of the ordering of the items on the list, we had been asked to compile the list in the order the items appeared in the draft proposal. We took that as a general approach, although we did group some items so it is not literally ordered page by page of the proposal. We're happy to re-order or discuss in any order that makes most sense to the group.

In terms of priority items, we flagged those items where we felt the most discussion and work still needed to be done (rather than details relating to more developed concepts).

For example, matters concerning the PTI Board seem to have elicited a fair amount of emails and discussion. If the board is a board of ICANN employees it will be easy to implement. If, however, an outside board is required, that would involve a great deal of further work and discussion as that creates a new level of accountability and issues similar to what CCWG has been discussing.

In regards to the separation mechanism, there is not a lot of detail on that aspect of the proposal, and to the extent it involves completely new mechanisms (e.g., something beyond the IFR as a trigger), then that will require additional work and discussion.

We hope that's helpful. Let us know if you have further questions and we look forward to speaking with you all shortly.

Best regards,
Sharon

Sharon R. Flanagan
Sidley Austin LLP