[client com] Request for legal feedback

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 20:14:00 UTC 2016

Apologies for chiming in late.

In reading this thread over, and somewhat in isolation, I'm concerned the
language may not be explicit enough that the focus here is on
contingent/reserve/"rainy day" funding, as opposed to the obligation to
provide present-day operational funding for the IANA functions/PTI.

On a related note, should it be more explicit that the reference to "*to
ensure uninterrupted performance of those IANA functions and PTI.*" is in
the event that the "present-day operational funding" dries up -- and not
just that sufficient funds are going in on an ongoing basis to keep things
running under normal circumstances?

Maybe when this language is placed in context (which I apologize for not
doing) it will be clear that we are talking about money for extraordinary
times in the future, and that money for ordinary times in the (then)
current day is dealt with elsewhere.  But read here, it does not seem clear
to me....

Thanks!

Greg