[client com] Fwd: [CWG-Stewardship] FW: Revised Community Agreement Draft: 08-05-2016

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 22:34:48 UTC 2016

Andrew Sullivan response to comments.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: [CWG-Stewardship] FW: Revised Community Agreement Draft:
08-05-2016
To: cwg-stewardship at icann.org

Hi,

Full disclosure: I'm a trustee and part of the group that is
negotiating this agreement on behalf of the IETF Trust.

I want first of all to agree in general with Greg's responses.  But I
also implore people to think very hard about fussing with the text
from the lawyers when the CWG negotiating team brings it to you.  We
really only have a few days to do this.  These agreements need to go
out to public comment before ICANN prepares its report for NTIA.  That
happens Friday, so comment needs to start on Thursday.  If we miss
this window, then the IPR piece (which is a prerequisite for the
transition) will not be complete in NTIA's evaluation, and they may
decide to renew the IANA contract.  In effect, we have to be done
everything but document preparation on Wednesday.

It would be a terrible shame if the transition fell apart on a small
matter like the IPR.  I believe the better thing to ask in every case
is not whether something is exactly the way you would do it, but
whether it is something you can live with.  If the answer is, "Yes," I
would encourage you to say so.

Thanks and best regards,

On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 06:07:17PM -0400, Greg Shatan wrote:
> All,
>
> Please see my responses (in "balloon" comments) to Kavouss's comments.
>
> Greg
>
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Kavouss Arasteh <kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> > No matter who made the changes, I am commenting on the text not on the
> > author's identity.
> > I have had to convert the PDF in word and have done my verifications and
> > attached my comments
> > There are serious problems in some of the terms.
> > I have indicated all in terms of deletion with reasons and/or with
> > comments in round bracket.
> > Regartds
> > Kavouss

> >> The changes were not made by me. The changes were made by the CWG's
> >> counsel and the IETF Trust's counsel working collaboratively, which
came
> >> after discussion of the IANA IPR collaborative group (including reps
of all
> >> the communities and the Trust).
> >>
> >> I don't have the redline in Word. I sent to the list everything that
was
> >> initially sent by the IETF Trust's counsel to CWG's counsel to the
Client

gregshatanipc at gmail.com

Community

Josh