[client com] Signatory to the Community Agreement

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:02:34 UTC 2016

A related question is how the Names Community would authorize ICANN (or
another entity) to sign on its behalf. One member of the CWG believes this
would require the CWG to become an unincorporated association to do so. I
tend to think it could be done by CWG or by SO/ACs working within the ICANN
structure.  Perhaps some thought can be given to this as well.

Downstream questions include how will the Names Community control the
signatory's actions (e.g., will this fall to its CCG reps?), how will its
CCG reps be chosen and controlled, and what is the Names Community?

Greg