[client com] [CWG-Stewardship] Naming Function Agreement

Trang Nguyen trang.nguyen at icann.org
Thu Sep 8 14:27:03 UTC 2016

ICANN is fine with the proposed edits to Section 4.7 of the Naming
Function Agreement.

Contractor shall apply the policies for the Root Zone Management component
of the IANA Naming Function that have been defined or after the date of
this Agreement are further defined, by:

(a) the Generic Names Supporting Organization ("GNSO²), as appropriate
under ICANN¹s Bylaws and;
(b) the Country Code Names Supporting Organization ("ccNSO²), as
appropriate under ICANN¹s Bylaws and;
(c) RFC 1591: /Domain Name System Structure and Delegation/ ("RFC 1591²)
as interpreted by the Framework of Interpretation of Current Policies and
Guidelines Pertaining to the Delegation and Redelegation of Country-Code
Top Level Domain Names, dated October 2014 ("FOI²).

In addition to these policies, Contractor shall, where applicable, consult
the 2005 Governmental Advisory Committee Principles and Guidelines for the
Delegation and Administration of Country Code Top Level Domains ("GAC 2005
ccTLD Principles"). Contractor shall publish documentation pertaining to
the implementation of these policies and principles on the IANA Website.²

A conforming change would be applicable to A.1.d.iii as well.