[CWG-DT-Stewardship] Recommended language related to RZM role discussions in CWG

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Sat Aug 2 14:59:25 UTC 2014

I think this is fine but suggest that we state what is in scope first, i.e., mainly changing the order of the wording:

"The accountability function currently performed by NTIA regarding the RZM role, as well as the discussion of the RZM management administrative interface currently used by NTIA are within the scope of the CWG.  The issue of who performs the Root Zone Maintainer (RZM) role is not in scope for the CWG and should be dealt with in a subsequent effort as needed."

Note that I also left out the reference to ICANN.  I would like to think that ICANN will continue to perform the IANA role but if they refuse real accountability we need to keep the option open that it could change.  The IANA function is the main leverage we have to motivate them to accept independent accountability.

Chuck