[CWG-DT-Stewardship] Meeting Notes, Action Items & Recording -- Call #4 on 11 August

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Mon Aug 11 16:39:37 UTC 2014

Hello all,

For your review: The meeting notes, action items, recording, and chat
transcript are now available on the Wiki page
<https://community.icann.org/x/4cLhAg> . I've also uploaded the latest
version of the draft charter (circulated after our call) to the document
section of the Wiki.

For easy reading/commenting, I've copied the meeting notes below:

Date: 11 August 2014 (13:00 - 14:00 UTC)

Attendees
Members: Tijani Ben Jemaa; Becky Burr; Avri Doria; Stephanie Duchesneau;
Chuck Gomes; Julie Hammer; Byron Holland; Alan MacGillvray; Jonathan
Robinson; Leon Sanchez.
Staff: Grace Abuhamad; Alice Jansen.

Meeting Notes and Action Items

Meeting Notes / Action Items 11/4:

Draft Charter (live edits and review of open items)
*
* Section I: no edits
*
* Section II: Approved Julie's suggestion for rewording based on ICG charter
> * Action: Byron to wordsmith text regarding scope of CWG work ("For greater
> clarity...") and include examples such as revocation and redelegation.
> * Action: Julie to wordsmith sentence in Goals & Objectives regarding use of
> word "variants"
* Section III: Work plan may be too detailed but reaching out should start
sooner rather than later.
> *
> * Action: Drafting Team (all) to start working now with respective communities
> to start getting people involved outside of the ICANN community, as well as
> reaching out to outside groups like ISOC.
*
* Section IV: Decision to keep membership parameters (min. 2; max. 5) with
agreement that more numbers does not suggest more influence since there will
be no formal voting. With regard to resourcing, DT agrees to have co-chairs
communicate output, including resourcing requests, to ICANN senior staff.
> * Action: Stephanie to wordsmith reference to Section V regarding voting vs.
> polling.
> * Action: Co-chairs (Jonathan and Byron) to communicate formally the output of
> the DT, including resourcing, to ICANN senior staff.
> * Action: Allan to wordsmith section on resourcing for inclusion in co-chairs'
> formal communication.
* Section V: approved edits suggested pre-call. None suggested during call.
* Section VI: no edits

Deadlines
* Aim to submit charter to all SO/ACs by 13 August at the latest for
consideration.
* All edits and wordsmithing (see Actions for Byron, Julie, Stephanie, and
Allan) due by 23:59 UTC on 11 August.
* Action: Grace to send out updated redline by 01:00 UTC on 12 August.
* Final sign-off by 23:59 UTC on 12 August.

Recording

The recording for today's call is available here:
https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p3kda36gdpz/
Chat Transcript
  Jonathan Robinson:Hello all. Dialling in now.
  Julie Hammer:Top of the hour for me too
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):Agreed, it is top of the hour
  Leon Sanchez:hello everybody
  Avri Doria:sounds like we shuld finish today. and make the decsion to send
it on.
  Julie Hammer:Avri, that would be great if we could!
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):If we dont, we would likely need another call by
Wednesday
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):But, lets assume we are going to get it done today!
  Avri Doria:Byron, now that is incentive to finish today!
  Avri Doria:Sounds like a good chapeau stmt.
  Julie Hammer:That sounds good.
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):Something like ³For greater certainty, issues
related to naming policy e.g. delegation, redelegation or revocation of
ccTLDs, RAA related policy issues etc. are not within the scope of the CWG.²
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):Agree with Avri
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):Will do - thanks
  Julie Hammer:Happy with this suggestion but don't think anything
additional needs to be included in the charter now
  Avri Doria:i agree with both Chuck and Julie, as i did on the list.
  Chuck Gomes:I am okay with not having it in the charter or simply
communicating that steps have been initiated.
  Leon Sanchez:different options?
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):"Options" works for me
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):Good catch Julie
  Julie Hammer:Options works for me too.
  Julie Hammer:Agree with Byron on this
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):OK - we can give guidance but not be absolute
  Julie Hammer:Sounds fine
  Avri Doria:there is budgeting to consider
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):Agreed
  Allan MacGillivray:I can do the drafting on resouircing
  Avri Doria:for some people numbers are an on-principle thing.  i agree no
voting.
  Julie Hammer:Also agree no voting
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):Agree - no voting.  Polling is of value, but that is
it
  Chuck Gomes:Informal polling is fine.
  Julie Hammer:Good point...so 7 is more challenging than 5 for GAC?
  Chuck Gomes:Do we need a minimum of 2?  That is desirable so there is
backup but what if  a group cannot get 2 volunteers.
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):yes, that is what i was referring too.  Works for me
re text on polling
  Avri Doria:test: ....voting for decsion making, but infomral polling may
be used as long as it is  used as an indicator, but not as part of the
decsion making process. see sction ...
  Julie Hammer:Tijani, Marika has already corrected this
  Stephanie Duchesneau (RySG):i can take that
  Grace Abuhamad (Guest):Of course. I can send a new redline right after
this call.
  Julie Hammer:I will do mine immediately after this call
  Stephanie Duchesneau (RySG):okay by me
  Allan MacGillivray:I can do that as well.
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):Thank you
  Julie Hammer:Is staff going to produce the red-line version?
  Avri Doria:Sounds to me like we are coming out of this meeting with
provisional agreement on the latest plus the agreed upon changes.
  Chuck Gomes:Good work everyone.
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):Action item...spell my name correctly:=)
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):No worries...I 've been called worse
  Grace Abuhamad:Thank you :)
  Byron Holland (ccNSO):Good work Jonathan!  THanks all
  Julie Hammer:Thanks everyone!
  Stephanie Duchesneau (RySG):thanks jonathan, thanks all!
  Allan MacGillivray:Good by
  Leon Sanchez:thanks everyone