[DT-F] Design Team F kickoff

Milton Mueller mueller.syr.edu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 01:35:53 UTC 2015

Read the NTIA words carefully.

> which would require that NTIA coordinate a related and parallel transition in these responsibilities."

Has the NTIA initiated such a "related and parallel transition"? If so can you tell me where it is? Fact is it doesn't exist yet. They are waiting to see what we do and what Congress will accept before taking that step.

On your second point, though I agree that giving IANA RZM might be too much concentration of power, there is a huge difference between a legally separated IANA  having it and today's ICANN having it, as ICANN is currently the policymaker and IANA.

I don't agree that a separate group at a separate time needs to consider these issues I think we have to consider them now.

Milton L Mueller
Professor, Syracuse School of Information Studies