[DT-F] REVISED: Design Team F kickoff

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 9 02:40:23 UTC 2015

At 08/04/2015 09:27 PM, David Conrad wrote:

>Cheryl,
>
>I think Independant Auditor is a good thing to look at and discuss,
>it of course is well inside my own comfort zone  of working with,
>gaining accreditation for and maintaining QAS  for our ISO9000/14000
>series clients, HACCP processes and NATA accredited labs that is
>more akin to my 'day job' so I guess no real surprises there...
>

>Not agreeing or disagreeing (just trying to understand at this
>point), but if I can cast that as a (proposed) requirement, are you saying:
>
>"Future relationships related to root zone management must provide
>for an (accredited) independent auditor"
>
>If so, what would you think should be audited?

One solution I have heard is that IANA makes its revised zone file
available to an auditor, and the RZ maintainer does the same, and the
zone file cannot be published until the auditor confirms that they match.

That conforms that the RZ maintainer does not make any mistakes. It
does not verify that IANA did not make a mistake once a change is
confirmed by the registry.

Alan