[DT-F] DT-F Recommendations - v04

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Apr 16 19:50:52 UTC 2015

Alan, Chuck, DTF members
I've made my own set of edits. Many of them are improvements in wording or document flow but there are some that might be viewed as substantive. In some cases I have made some comments.

One of the key comments concerns the principle of not combining the IANA and RZM in the same entity. I have been asking several times for an articulate of why we think this is important. It is still not in the report. I think our description of why this is important would directly bear on what form the separation took. Therefore it is essential to provide more articulate of what we think we are trying to do.

Interesting, while reviewing the Verisign CA amendments from 1998 it is clear that NTIA/USG at that time planned to combine those functions into what it called "NewCo."