[Cwg-framework-principles] MP3 and Attendance - CWG Framework of Operating Principles - 11 September 2014

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Sep 11 19:18:44 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the CWG Framework of Operating Principles
call held on Thursday 11 September at 1400 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-framework-op-principles-20140911-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep

Calendar page:  <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/>
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr

John Berard - (Co-Chair)

Alan MacGillivray

Becky Burr - (Co-Chair)

Avri Doria

Jim Galvin

Apologies:
Alan Greenberg

Anne-Cathrin Marcussen

Annebeth Lange

Ali Hadji Mmadi

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Glen de Saint Gery

Bart Boswinkel

Terri Agnew

 Web page :  <http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/ccwg-framework.htm>
http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/ccwg-framework.htm

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 11 September 2014:

 Terri Agnew:Dear all, welcome to the  Framework of Operating Principles
Cross Community Working Group meeting on the 11th September 2014 at 14:00
UTC

  Bart Boswinkel:Hi Glen and Terri, I'll dial in in a minute or two ( need
some strong coffee)

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Bart, thank you for letting us know

  John Berard:@Bart, isn't it a bit late in the day for strong coffee?

  Bart Boswinkel:@John, no it never is:-)

  Becky Burr (.us):ok Bart, but if you want it strong it needs to be light
roast - ask Avri

  Bart Boswinkel:It is medium roast

  Mary Wong:No worries :)

  Avri Doria:ah, medium caffeine.  the proble with light roasts, is that
coffee has to be of better quality to taste good.

  Mary Wong:Fresh beans and even if you can't roast your own, you can
certainly grind them as needed

  Avri Doria:my first take is b or c

  Avri Doria:i am assuming we mean an ICANN CWG, not just a generic cwg

  Mary Wong:@Avri, yes I believe so

  Mary Wong:Our CWG charter notes that our task is "finalizing  a framework
of            operating            principles under whichworking groups
jointly chartered by two or more ICANN Supporting Organizations and Advisory
Committees can effectively function      and        produce meaningful and
timely reports and recommendations on topics that are of common interest to
such SO/ACs."

Mary Wong:(sorry for the funky spacing)

  Becky Burr (.us):yes that is what i meant

  Allan MacGillivray:I like and agree with Avri's distinction between
'convenor' and  'initiator'.

  Mary Wong:Thanks, Alan - I've added this to the notes.

  Terri Agnew:Jim Galvin has joined

  Jim Galvin:Sorry for being late!  I had an unvoidable conflict.

  Mary Wong:Welcome, Jim!

  Allan MacGillivray:We could also use the formal liasons between the
SO/AC's e.g. GNSO Liason to ccNSO.

  Mary Wong:@John, yes, I believe it's basically five elements or phases

  Becky Burr (.us):that makes sense to me

  Allan MacGillivray:Makes sense to me as well.

  Mary Wong:We'll send out a note to the WG once we've created the wiki
pages (one for each phase)

  Allan MacGillivray:No me.

  Avri Doria:but we have different ways of doing things.

  Avri Doria:so need to find a common base, i tink.

  Avri Doria:lso i differentiate between how a charter is created and who
has to approe in the end.

  Mary Wong:@Jim, hopefully what we will end up with is not a new and
additional process but more of a checklist - with a few overarching
principles as a framework

  Mary Wong:This group's proposal will also be sent to each SO/AC for their
feedback/input prior to finalization, I expect.

  Mary Wong:@Becky, staff will track those public comments as well in that
case. Thank you!

  Avri Doria:i am not so sure about conforund the accountabilty work and
this work.

  Allan MacGillivray:See yoi in LA!  Bye

  Avri Doria:..confounding ..

  Avri Doria:bye all