[Cwg-framework-principles] - Draft CCWG Principles Document

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Mon Dec 21 23:24:32 UTC 2015

Dear WG Members,

It has been quite some time since this group has interacted, so I hope this
email finds you all well.

The co-chairs and staff have taken comments received on the previous version
of the CCWG Principles document and made some rather significant revisions.
Revisions were also made as a result of experiences gained from both the CWG
for the IANA transition and CCWG-Accountability. Of note, the following
changes have been made:
* The current draft has been structured to be centered around the charter,
which would be anticipated to govern a CCWG¹s scope of work, operating
procedures, decision-making, etc.
* A draft charter with suggested text is included as an annex within the
draft, and although the intention is that future CCWG¹s should be able to
borrow heavily from the draft charter, they should feel welcome to customize
the charter for their specific purposes.
* In section 4 of the document, conclusions and open questions have been
highlighted  One of the noteworthy items is post-closure activities, which
is in regards to the implementation of the CCWG recommendations and
potential ongoing analyzation of data and metrics to determine if the
recommendations/implementation resulted in satisfactory outcomes. Suggested
language regarding this topic has been included for your consideration.
We hope that you will have an opportunity to review in advance of a possible
WG meeting during the first week of January. If WG members determine that a
meeting is desired to discuss the draft, I would remind you that previous
meetings for this WG occurred at 15:00 UTC on Thursdays (e.g., a meeting on
7 January 2016 could make sense). We look forward to your comments on the
current draft.

Happy holidays everyone.

Best,

Steven Chan