[Cwg-framework-principles] MP3 and Attendance - CWG Framework of Operating Principles - 16 June 2016

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Jun 16 23:05:46 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the CWG Framework of Operating Principles call held on Thursday, 16 June 2016 at 17:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-cwg-principles-16jun16-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpsuetVibIDfcOs-2Ft0v2JJJ9Cjls2kkXNrH2a0iIb3cv-2BG-2Fu-2BfpnGLSxJLC1rNthNUjs-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmtgxR4ks8l-2B-2BZFfKeF1YcmfV3BQFFs0eKKwBq24-2FDpHcIn74kJXWWig359EcFjHi5YGjZzGMNzUdEWkmJwhk-2F50TIE6s8Zyh1uyoWjgRt4FXaz7W5nxR1GCcORKPopuC0EtVvnPUABLUcUEI5UvL4rXPYm7lKDIH8nvjeE4Ww35MBMWpYMnnPJXKWAFMJzjCegDVMV1itvY66cpp6TXkPCd3dUCGptg-2FWTD8VtK1qFtBAa0SOUG5ApySUy3mumSjQJNfc6G2fMJtsctoC-2Fg7Tom4XONKAv5mtydqZ7f1wdpN>

On page:  http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
John Berard - (Co-Chair)
Becky Burr - (Co-Chair)
Jim Galvin
Alan Greenberg
Avri Doria

Apologies:
Annebeth Lange
David Tait (staff)

ICANN staff:
Mary Wong
Steve Chan
Bart Boswinkel
Terri Agnew

 Web page : http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/ccwg-framework.htm

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Terri Agnew
GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday, 16 June 2016

  Terri Agnew:Dear all, welcome to the  Framework of Operating Principles Cross Community Working Group meeting on the 16 June 2016 at 17:00 UTC

  Terri Agnew:member wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/qAfPAQ

  Becky Burr:hi - still dialing in

  Mary Wong:It is not possible to mix up your and Becky's voices, John!

  Bart Boswinkel:Hi All

  Avri Doria:i finally found where all my email from the notifacations of these meeetings was getting lost. apologies for all the meetings i missed.

  Alan Greenberg:For Cheryl, 3 am...  And has been a long night (and no doubt the day before)

  Steve Chan:Hello all

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):indeed i is  a follow n mrom 2300 *yesterday evening!

  Mary Wong:Apologies that we didn't follow up on and include that, all.

  Terri Agnew:@Avri, glad to hear the missing emails are found and hopefully going forward will no longer be lost

  Mary Wong:@John, understood and agree

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Yup

  Jim Galvin:looking good!

  Alan Greenberg:For the record, I have been travelling and have not yet reviewed this version. So I cannot speak to the orientation of my nech hairs.

  Alan Greenberg:neck

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):I think tht should be explicet  yes Becky

  Mary Wong:@CLO, @Becky, are you suggesting that we strengthen this language? In Section 2.0, para 1?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):yes Mary  I believe so

  Mary Wong:So, eg. "should not be a vehicle" rather than "not generally considered a vehicle"?

  Becky Burr:"is not the proper vehicle for formal policy development where such authority has been granted to a specific Supporting Organization."

  Bart Boswinkel:You can also look at page 7 section 1

  Bart Boswinkel:detailed description

  Becky Burr:also agree language on page 7 is good

  Mary Wong:@Becky, I added "under the Bylaws" to your suggested language - does that work? It's in the Notes on the right side.

  Becky Burr:3.1. 1. yellow highlight

  Bart Boswinkel:yes that is correct

  Mary Wong:Thanks, Becky - that's exactly what this para tries to say

  Bart Boswinkel:or change : should not replace, and can inform and enahnce

  Mary Wong:3

  Jim Galvin:i have a question about liaisons when we're ready to change topics.

  Becky Burr:@ mary, that add works for me

  Mary Wong:Thanks, Becky

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Yes Alan we need care here as well

  Mary Wong:How about requiring that IF a CCWG believes public comment is NOT necessary, that this must be approved by the Chartering Organizations?

  Mary Wong:@Becky, presumably that type of CCWG (open ended, no anticipated final deliverable) would be less likely after this Framework is adopted.

  Mary Wong:@Becky, @CLO, @Alan - you have more experience with the liaison concept through the CWG/CCWG. What do you think?

  Alan Greenberg:Liaisons are typically from groups that are not chartering orgs

  Becky Burr:agree with John

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Liaisons  IMO  are best seen as *Formal* condute of a formalsed nature

  Mary Wong:@Jim - yes, that is not addressed.

  Avri Doria:i would think that of course they çan refuse.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):indeed Avri

  Jim Galvin:thanks I'm good

  Mary Wong:ok

  Mary Wong:Done, in the notes

  Bart Boswinkel:Depends on community

  Alan Greenberg:Whar page/para are we on?

  Bart Boswinkel:ccTLD communty alsolooks at members and non-members and diversity of ccTLD operators

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):exactly Bart

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Undersstood Mary

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Yup

  Becky Burr:yes

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):yes for Helsinki

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Correct Mry

  Mary Wong:OK

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):I have left Audio  because I have another cll on atm  I am still in AC audio

  Becky Burr:no, specified

  Avri Doria:yeah, normal process, but good to say, becasue when they become important things might be tense and people forget.

  Becky Burr:i think in practice they are always permitted, but you need to identify when in the process these are appropriate

  Bart Boswinkel:You are right

  Bart Boswinkel:and not just GNSo procedures

  Alan Greenberg:Leaving for another meeting now.

  Mary Wong:Thanks, Cheryl!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):I will need to leave this call at top of hour fully to join the next AC room  Apologies

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Bye for now

  Becky Burr:i will

  Avri Doria:y

  Becky Burr:amen!

  Mary Wong:It's our pleasure - this is important and we like this CWG :)

  Mary Wong:We like you all, I mean!

  Mary Wong:Thanks, everybody!

  Bart Boswinkel:Bye all