[Cwg-framework-principles] MP3 and Attendance - CWG Framework of Operating Principles - 24 May 2016

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue May 24 21:08:06 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the CWG Framework of Operating Principles
call held on Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 18:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-cwg-principles-24may16-en.mp3

On page:  http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may

Calendar page:  <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/>
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr

John Berard - (Co-Chair)

Becky Burr - (Co-Chair)

Jim Galvin

Alan Greenberg

Apologies:
Annebeth Lange

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Steve Chan

David Tait

Bart Boswinkel

Terri Agnew

 Web page :  <http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/ccwg-framework.htm>
http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/ccwg-framework.htm

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Tuesday, 24 May 2016

   Terri Agnew:Dear all, welcome to the  Framework of Operating Principles
Cross Community Working Group meeting on the 24th of May 2016

  Terri Agnew:Member wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/qAfPAQ

  Becky Burr:john - i am having a bit of a fire drill here.  Can you chair
this as I need to be in and out

  Mary Wong:If we can circulate a draft Final Framework document to the WG
by 7 or 8 June, we can have the WG meet again on 16 June.

  Bart Boswinkel:Id they refer to special budget requests?

  Mary Wong:@Bart, I think so - not a special process, but the normal SO/AC
communty budget request

  Mary Wong:The problem there may be timing.

  Bart Boswinkel:yes it is called special budget request. However it is
questionable whether appropropriate

  Steve Chan:@John, I was thinking of the special budget request that Bart
mentioned

  Bart Boswinkel:appropriate

  Steve Chan:or the regular FY budgeting process if that's feasible (e.g.,
the CWG effort is known well in advance)

 Terri Agnew:Welcome Alan Greenberg

  Terri Agnew:Cheryl has rejoined on audio

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):the oporator hears me just fine!!!!

  Alan Greenberg:Srry for being late.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):I am tlking

  Mary Wong:FWIW staff doew not recommend that our WG write or recommend a
specific budget process for CCWGs.

  Mary Wong:Outside of the "normal" community budget request noted aboev,
that is.

  Alan Greenberg:My audio is horrible. Dialing back in

  Alan Greenberg:back

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):it is evaluation, ongoing evaluation and
management of such funding that the "new system"  with Mx  approaches

  Mary Wong:Note that the GNSO's F2F WG meetings take place in conjunction
with (a day before or after) an ICANN meeting. Not intersessionally.

  Mary Wong:And not all WGs get a F2F meeting; it is a specific
consieration/seleection made by the GNSO Council.

  Alan Greenberg:@Mary, presuming that such adjunct meetings are still
allowed

  Mary Wong:@Alan, true - but at the moment the concern that has been raised
in the GNSO is just in connection with Meeting B.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Alan the estemates . budgetry process we are
working with the ICNN FINANCE SC on for the Accountability WS2  progrmme
*does* include  costs estimates right down to staff FTE  commitments

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):disected by qtr!

  Alan Greenberg:Yes Cheryl, I am aware of that. But I think at the level of
the WG, we need to differentiate between the two types of "extraordinary"
expenditires.

  Alan Greenberg:As ALAC Chair, I have *NO* money that I can allocate to
WGs. I think thatthe same is true for the GNSO and ccNSO.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):if activity in a CWG  becomes a "cost' to an  AC
or SO  that is another issue altogether

  Mary Wong:The GNSO WG Guidelines currently allow for the WG to request
approval/funding for subject matter experts and briefings, on an as-needed
basis. There is also the F2F one-day meetings that Alan is mentioning that
are specifically approved by the GNSO Council for particular WGs at critical
points in their deliberations (but limited funding goes to that because
these have been "attached" to ICANN meetings to date).

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):ALAC  does not have that srt of descretion  Jim

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Alan has been fighting that battle for some tme
recently

  Mary Wong:@Alan, the Chartering Orgs could always collaborate on a
Community Budget Request for any particular Financial Year for a CCWG.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):issues will turn up oit of "budget Cycle" Mary

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):out of

  Mary Wong:@Cheryl, true, but then it may be for the COs to collaborate on
any additional request out of cycle they believe a CCWG might need at that
point.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):and that should probably work along the same
lnes as the *new* until now untied method of a collaborative approach with
WG Leadership and key staff to wotk with ICANN Finance and or Board to do
estimates and budgets

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):and we could jusst reference that

  Mary Wong:@Cheryl, yes.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Bye for now then

  Bart Boswinkel:Bye all