[CWG-RFP3] Clean and Marked Versions of Latest Draft of RFP3

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Mon Dec 1 00:22:43 UTC 2014

Thanks Greg

I am all too aware of the need for the existence of a legal entity if a contract is to be entered into.  (one of the things I do is teach law) So my question has always been about the need for a contract, not for the need for a legal entity if there is to be a contract.  At this stage, there already is a legal entity that will necessarily survive the transition - ICANN - with all of its powers to contract, be sued, etc.  And yes, what the NTIA has done is contract with parties for functions to be performed - again, the three functions which we all know.  My understanding of the proposed Contract Co was that it provides the oversight role - and arguably, ICANN would not contract with itself to oversight itself (the mere typing of  that shows its silliness). So is THAT the role that Contract Co is needed for?

Holly