[CWG-RFP3] Contract re-bidding at regular intervals or permanent mandate?

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Nov 14 02:13:41 UTC 2014

Seun
There is a simple answer to your question. If the service provided by the incumbent is satisfactory then they are likely to retain the contract. Other applicants might look very good in the ‘beauty contest,’ but unless there is some kind of profound dissatisfaction with the incumbent there is a lot of pressure not to change. So one could re-bid the contract every three years but still end up with the same organization doing it for 12 years or 30 years.