[CWG-RFP3] Strawman Proposal 4

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Nov 16 14:02:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

i understand it might happen and I am not looking to lock IANA
fragmentation out, though personally I would prefer it not happen.  Just
looking for a solution that does not lead to it.  I understand, for
example, that the IETF can decide to, but does not need to.  Some of the
solutions seem to push on the boundary making IANA fragmentation (I see
IANA as the true root of the Internet where it all comes together) seem
natural  and more likely to happen.  I would prefer to see that as a
process fault that needs to be dealt if and when it happens as opposed
to a natural conclusion of the process.

I also understand there are different views on how dangerous this split
might be.  We are all speculating.  But when I look at the interactions
among the various IANA directories, occasional as they might be, I think
it is an expereiment we just dont need.

avri