[CWG-RFP3] Quantitative answers?

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Sat Jan 3 23:22:45 UTC 2015

All I can say Steve is that we are not planning to do that, at least not as far as I understand.  I have been in a lot of WGs and it is common to try to get a sense of where the group is to find out where our ongoing focus needs to be.  In my opinion, that is what we are doing here.  A survey like this is usually not used for this but in this case we are looking at a very large number of public suggestions and a very large number of WG participants so it seemed quicker and more efficient to do it this way in this case.

I would argue against using the data we get in the way you think it might be used.  When we get a proposal for which the chairs think we may have strong agreement they will likely do a consensus call; we are not close to that point now.

Like I responded earlier, I think it is best to see the results we get and evaluate how we use them.  A good view of that should be possible after next weekend.

Chuck