[CWG-Stewardship] Composition of MRT

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Thu Dec 18 09:57:25 UTC 2014

hi all, hi Grace

Can you let us know who made that decision, and on what basis?

Many thanks
Jordan

On 18 December 2014 at 04:46, Grace Abuhamad <grace.abuhamad at icann.org>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We looked into this and noted that the Continuity & Contingency Plan is
> confidential and cannot be distributed.
>
> Notes, transcripts, and recordings for RFP4 call are available here:
> https://community.icann.org/x/MYcQAw
>
> Best,
> Grace
>
> From: Guru Acharya <gurcharya at gmail.com>
> Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:05 AM
> To: Avri Doria <avri at acm.org>
> Cc: "cwg-stewardship at icann.org" <cwg-stewardship at icann.org>
> Subject: Re: [CWG-Stewardship] Composition of MRT
>
> Hi Avri,
>
> This was an action item for the staff from the call on 25th November. I
> believe they have already put in a request for the document with the IANA
> staff. Maybe Grace or Marika can update us on the request.
>
> "*ACTION staff : Ask IANA staff to share details on 7.3 that might be
> available for the public and/or **online*"
> On 17 Dec 2014 17:29, "Avri Doria" <avri at acm.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is that 'transition to a "successor  contractor" plan' available to the
>> CWG?
>>
>> avri
>>
>> On 17-Dec-14 05:26, Matthew Shears wrote:
>>
>> Alan
>>
>> Section C.7 in the current contract addresses issues of continuity of
>> operations - particularly C.7.3, according to which ICANN should have a
>> transition to a "successor
>> contractor" plan in place at the moment
>>
>> Matthew
>>
>> On 12/17/2014 3:38 AM, Alan Greenberg wrote:
>>
>> As someone whose ICANN 'job" is supporting/defending the needs of
>> Internet users, I will point out that security and stability of the IANA
>> functions is of paramount importance for the ALAC as well.
>>
>> I look forward to the seeing how that can be assured in a potentially
>> disruptive switch of the IANA operator where it may be that there is no
>> continuity of either staff or systems.
>>
>> Alan
>>
>> At 15/12/2014 03:16 PM, Donna Austin wrote:
>>
>> All
>>
>> I largely agree with Christopher. I think we are creating complexity
>> where it does not necessarily need to be, but as we are here I want to
>> reiterate a few comments I made on the RFP 3 call earlier today, and these
>> comments come from a gTLD registry operator perspective:
>>
>> ·         Operational stability and reliability of the IANA service is
>> imperative to the business operations of registry operators and as such
>> this should be a critical consideration in any discussions.

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*To promote the Internet's benefits and uses, and protect its potential.*