[CWG-Stewardship] REMINDER - RFP 4 Call Dec 23 / 14:00 UTC

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Mon Dec 22 15:39:16 UTC 2014

Dear all,

A quick reminder that RFP 4’s next call is Dec 23 at 14:00 UTC (details below)

Ahead of the call, please review (below) list of proposed key items (1-5) for discussion for our call.

Looking for any questions and/or suggestions for additional items to include in our discussion tomorrow.

Regards

Co-Chairs, RFP 4
Robert Guerra & Sivasubramanian Muthusamy

-----
Proposed agenda for Dec 23rd RFP call

* Preparation

- Suggested reading ahead of tomorrow’s call. Please review the following:
- Documents, notes and 3 work streams that were presented on the Dec 16th call
- Draft timeline(s) circulated by Berry in his email last week (docs are attached)

* Key items for discussion:

1.  Work stream #1: Describing the current situation (KEY ITEMS discussed)

- 1.1 Review of existing ICANN/IANA Technical proposal (available @ http://www.n2a.doc.gov/files/n2a/publica2ons/ icann_volume_i_elecsub_part_1_of_3.pdf )
- 1.2 Discussion of using table of contents from ICANN/IANA Technical proposal as a templete to develop text on how this will change depending on RFP 3 ( Contract Co. <-> all internal, inclusion of IAP etc. ).
- 1.3 Identify relevant terms in the ICANN proposal as well

AGENDA ITEM FROM Co-Chair / Robert :
- I ask for comments on 1.1, 1.2, 1.3  please. Lack of comments, will be interpreted as consensus to proceed using the existing ICANN/IANA Technical proposal as a template.

2. Work Stream #2: Describing the transition path

2.1 Discussion occurred on how to describe the transition path for the different proposals from RFP 3
2.2 Draft text was presented on how to describe changes
2.3 Transition path for alternate proposals (ie. ALAC)

AGENDA ITEM FROM Co-Chair / Robert :
- 2.1 & 2.2  Is there any comment on ways to best ways describe the transition changes. A draft text was presented. Is there a consensus on using that as a format? Are there elements missing? Should a summary of changes be presented in some way?
- 2.3. Ask for update from ALAC an others who are suggesting/proposing alternate proposals and how (or not) they are including details on transition path from existing contract to new one.

3. Work Stream #3: Testing the new proposal

3.1 Need to document and discuss risks/treats and issues that might arise to maintain security & stability

AGENDA ITEM FROM Co-Chair / Robert :
- 3.1 Ask that discussion start on the list and continue on the call on Dec 23 on compiling a list of risks/threats. Ask for feedback from everyone on the call tomorrow, especially those with security/stability (ie. ssac) expertise and others.. After call, will ask for staff to summarize the threats mentioned and how proposals might be tested.

3.2 Need to develop (detailed) list of key periods where testing of proposals is needed. Mention that “transition period” is a critical period  where specific and detailed tests will need to be conducted.

AGENDA ITEM FROM Co-Chair / Robert :
- 3.2 adding on what mentioned in 3.1, ask that conversation take place on the list and on the call on Dec 23 to develop a list of key periods where proposal should be  tested (& how)

4. Review of timeline
5. Next steps (next call, etc)

- Next call is scheduled for Monday Dec 29, 21:00 UTC

REFERENCE DOCUMENTS

- Below & attached are key documents to review

- 1. ICANN/IANA technical proposal
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/icann_volume_i_elecsub_part_1_of_3.pdf <http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/icann_volume_i_elecsub_part_1_of_3.pdf>

- 2. Draft of proposed timelines (word & PDF)