[CWG-Stewardship] Draft of Principles

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Nov 5 02:16:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

While actual separation and the means of implementing that separation
may be solutions, I am strongly of the opinion that the potential to
separate MUST be a principle any solution is built on.  It may never be
exercised, but it would be unacceptable for there to be a solution that
prohibited or did not otherwise allow any possible future separation of
the function from ICANN.

This is one of several principles I feel I must personally argue for
persistently, and without which any solution would be unsatisfactory.

avri