[CWG-Stewardship] Concern with Contract Co.

Martin Boyle Martin.Boyle at nominet.org.uk
Thu Nov 27 18:10:39 UTC 2014

Hi Bertrand,

If contracts there are between IANA customers and the IANA functions operator, these should not need the Contract Co’s involvement (and I would find it hard to see why Contract Co would be involved at all at that level for what is a relationship between supplier (the operator) and the customer (the registry).

However, I’d note that (as Greg points out in a later post) there are a number of organisations (ccTLDs) that do not want or cannot sign such a contract and the current arrangements do not try to force this.  There is a bit of a history here!

Martin