[CWG-Stewardship] My concerns with the draft proposal and an alternative option

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Sun Nov 30 16:21:09 UTC 2014

On 29/11/2014 17:03, Phil Corwin wrote:
> I salute the entire group, especially those who gathered in Frankfurt,
> for achieving the development of a remarkably detailed first draft for
> public comment in a very brief time – and yet, surveying this dialogue,
> I have to ask, is there a broad  consensus within the CWG for what is
> about to be posted on Monday? Because if there is not then the time
> should be taken to develop that full consensus, rather than put out for
> public comment something which seems to be generating the
> characteristics of drafter’s remorse.

This question is now extremely urgent.

Do the organisers consider there is a consensus? To my mind that's a
clear "No", but it's not for me to call it.

If not, do they still planning to go ahead and solicit community
consensus for a document that doesn't even command consensus amongst the
committee that prepared it?

If it's not being published tomorrow as the CWG's draft proposal, are we
setting a new target date to have a consensus on the CWG?

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929