[CWG-Stewardship] SAC068 SSAC & getting to work...

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Fri Oct 10 19:54:26 UTC 2014

Colleagues,

As I mentioned on the last call -  SAC068 SSAC Report on the IANA Functions Contract  - has been finalized and will (in the next day or so) be published online @ https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/documents-2012-02-25-en <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/documents-2012-02-25-en> Please watch out for it...

In this document, the SSAC identifies key aspects of the relationship between the U.S. Government’s National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) and the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) as defined by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Functions Contract.

Given the very short deadline that this CWG has to develop and publish a document, might I be so bold to ask that we try to pickup the pace of discussion on this list ahead of our meetings in Los Angeles. To get things started, might I suggest we go through the round of introductions, agree review required reference texts, discuss possible leadership positions (chair, vice-chair?) that we might want to establish, and agree to the agenda before we meet next week.

In terms of introductions - might I suggest that in addition to a short bio, that members of this group also mention - their constituency & affiliation, experience in ICANN WG’s, reason/interest to be on this CWG, their familiarity with the IANA function & contract, your availability over the next 3 months to actively contribute and in what capacity you think you will be able to engage.

Looking forward to everyone’s comments.

regards

Robert