[CWG-Stewardship] SAC068 SSAC & getting to work...

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Sat Oct 11 04:30:21 UTC 2014

Robert,

With regard to IANA CWG chairs and/or co-chairs, Jonathan has said he is available to chair or co-chair the CWG and my understanding is that the ccNSO will be providing a possible co-chair.  It seems reasonable to me that each of the naming SO’s provide co-chairs because they are directly impacted.  Does anyone oppose that.  We could also have some vice chairs from other groups if there is support for that.

Regarding every providing a bio, I am not opposed to that and I could certainly do that but that is not a usual practice in the GNSO.  In GNSO WGs everyone is required to submit an SOI and I think those are already available for most participants from the GNSO. SOIs are not equivalent to bio’s but they at least identify potential conflicts of interest, which is important to be transparent about.  If the group wants bios, I will provide one.

For myself, I plan to participate as an observer as part of a small team of RySG participants, one of which will be designated as the official rep from the RySG.  Because Verisign is involved in the root server processes, I am quite familiar with the IANA processes for names.

I would like to assume that everyone who has volunteered for this CWG is willing and able to commit the time.  But as happens in every WG I have ever been involved in, some will commit more time than others.  I think the key is to have all major stakeholder groups represented regularly even if it is not always the same person and that the representatives serve as liaisons with the groups they represent so that there is good buy-in all the way along.

Chuck Gomes