[CWG-Stewardship] IANA Stewardship CWG Process Steps Proposal

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 11:49:32 UTC 2014

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 11 Oct 2014 10:15, "Kieren McCarthy" <kierenmccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I've reviewed the RFP.
>
> It is verbose and over-engineered but I think Milton is right: it
provides a good framework in which to present a final proposed solution.

> I am assuming the overall plan is that there will be a range of proposals
that will be picked over and the CWG's report will be just one of them.

Nope, my understanding is that CWG is the clearing house for names and is
the *only* reporting medium for names to the ICG. Is this not the case?

> I think discussion at the CWG meeting on Monday should focus on whether
any important aspects have been missed, rather than if the group should use
this format.

Both are quite okay and relevant.

Cheers!

> Kieren
>
> -
> [sent through phone]
>

> On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Chuck,
>>
>> No confusion at all, I knew that you were proposing a work plan, not a
proposal. My point is that the RFP describes the format that the work needs
to take when you complete the work plan, and thus might be helpful in
fleshing out the work plan.

in terms of what a final proposal needs to contain.  My intent in what I
proposed was to be at a much higher level.  I think the mistake I made was
to call it a proposal; I didn’t mean a proposal in the sense of what would
be sent to the ICG but rather my proposal as to how we might develop our
work plan.  Sorry for the confusion on that.

>> Chuck

stewardship coordination group’s Request for Proposals. This document shows
CWG the format and data elements that will be required to submit your final
proposal to the ICG. Below, I include the links.

>> The main RFP is here:
http://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/rfp-iana-stewardship-08sep14-en.pdf
[PDF,
84 KB]

>> There are also French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Arabic and Portugese
transations:
>> Français [PDF, 94 KB] | Español [PDF, 93 KB] | 中文 [PDF, 135 KB]
| Pусский [PDF, 126 KB] | العربية[PDF, 3.71 MB] | Português [PDF, 92 KB]
>>
>> Also keep in mind this advisory from the ICG:
>>
>> Should any community submitting a proposal require clarifications to the
RFP, these should be submitted to the ICG on or before Wednesday, 24
September 2014. Submissions should be sent by email
tostewardship-rfp-questions at icann.org before this date, and responses will
be provided by the ICG by 20 October 2014. Clarification questions will be
posted to the public ICG mailing list.