[CWG-Stewardship] Request for Interpretation on the calls

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Oct 12 14:48:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

I understand why we need more time.  And I understand why we need to do
everything possibe to meet the deadline.

One of the variable factors is how much time we spend working on this.
Perhaps we can plan for some longer sessions on line.  As was discussed
in the GNSO yesterday, a full day face to face meeting accelerates the
work.  ICANN, I believe,  has informed us that there will be no travel
funding for face to face.  The next best thing, that perhaps we can try,
is half day virtual face to face using the video and other capabilities
one finds in tools like webex (i am told that maybe Adobe Connect
supports this type of work - but don't know).

I know this can be difficult for people in the various time zones.  I
tend to think of it as jet lag without the jet, and believe that it is
possible.  Lots of people are already attending meetings a hours in the
middle of the night generally.    And if we work through the various
upcoming holidays in December and January, when many of us are already
relieved of some of our day job pressures, we might actually be able to
pull this off.  And we can do some pain sharing and rotate these longer
meetings through the day.

Perhaps a few of these longer sessions, and a possible segmentation of
some of our task into subteams led by our various co-chairs, might give
us a fighting chance to make the deadline.

i think we should put the ICG on notice that we may slip, and then try
really hard not to.

Just a thought.

avri