[CWG-Stewardship] Thoughts from Meeting

King(Legal), Stacey stacek at amazon.com
Mon Oct 13 21:02:18 UTC 2014

All
Not to be simplistic, but I read our task as follows.

1. We currently have a contract between the US gov't and ICANN.
2. We are doing away with that contract in terms of the US being the party controlling the obligations under the contract.
3. We need to:
  - identify what entity controls the obligation;
  - what organization is carrying out the obligations;
 - what those obligations include; and
  - what accountability mechanisms need to be put in place to make sure the controlling party is doing what it is supposed to do.

And none of these parties should be gov't controlled.

Sent from my HTC