[CWG-Stewardship] Names Community vs the other two communities

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Oct 16 13:45:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

While it is convenietnt to thinl of IANA as a finction as opposed to a
department of even a n independent entity, we need to remember that it
is more that just a funciton.  It can also be seen as:

- a trained and effective staff
- a set of databases
- a well know domain name
- a user interface
- a set of MOUs and SLAs
- &c.

All of which could theoretically be replaced if one thinks of it as a
relocatable function.  On the other hand if it is thought of as an
implemented function with resources and interfaces, it is in practice
perhaps a bit more substantive that a function.

avri