[CWG-Stewardship] Community input listserv

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 17:12:56 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Perhaps my question should have been phrased more broadly: how will
> external participants in the community, especially those not in an SO/AC
> structure, participate in the work of this group?

I think this is also a question that is valid for other 2 communities
(especially the numbers) and one of the proposed ways is to first develop
the draft and then put it up for global comments. Which is what i believe
this community should also do. As i had suggested during our first
face2face; it will be good to have a phased public comment period, one that
presents the first draft (to receive comments from the community and
beyond) and the one that represents the updated version (this can have a
shorter comment period). Overall we should provide the medium to receive
inputs from other non-ICANN based communities and it will be up to them to
determine if they want to participate of not.

However in all these, there is need to appreciate time constraint but at
the same time, not loose the focus of having a proposal that achieves
consensus of the broader community.

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*