[CWG-Stewardship] Communication with numbers and protocol parameters groups

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Oct 16 18:57:48 UTC 2014

Actually I don’t think it would be anything but a distraction at this point. What this group needs to do is develop a proposal based on the ICG RFP. I am conversant with what is happening in the protocol parameters community and could liaise with them, but it is hard for me to see how a ‘horizontal channel’ to that would help you develop a proposal. Of course, if, during the development of a proposal, specific questions arise about its compatibility with the protocol parameters IANA or the numbers IANA, then we can reach out to them. But for now, you just need to develop a proposal regarding the DNS root and the end of NTIA’s role in overseeing that.