[CWG-Stewardship] Notes and action items from F2F meeting

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Mon Oct 20 00:08:27 UTC 2014

Milton,

You ended by saying this:  "The process of reviewing and approving the proposal that comes out of the CWG. If I understand correctly, you are proposing that this be done for EVERY chartering organization. I am proposing that it be done once or, if there are major areas of dissatisfaction, we go through another cycle or two."

The purpose of my proposal was to make it possible for each chartering organization to get approval in the 11 days allowed in the work plan.  I think it is very unlikely that all of the chartering organizations can get approval in 11 days if they haven't incrementally kept their groups informed and obtained their feedback all along the way.  On the other hand, as was pointed out by others in our in-person CWG meeting, if we are keeping our respective stakeholders informed as we go and getting their feedback, when we get to the end, it might be possible to get approvals in 11 days and it should also reduce the chance that we need more cycles.

Chuck