[CWG-Stewardship] F2F meeting in November

Lise Fuhr lise.fuhr at difo.dk
Tue Oct 21 20:18:31 UTC 2014

Dear All,

In relation to the F2F meeting, we have taken note of your comments and do
acknowledge that there are certain challenges associated with location as
well as dates for some of you.

However, taking into account the very strict timeline the CWG is on
(publication of Initial Report by 1 December), availability of venue,
ensuring a level of fairness of travel time required to get to the meeting,
not eat into people's weekend and availability of CWG Chairs, there is no
alternative to the meeting dates and location (Europe) that has been
proposed.

ICANN has informed the Chairs this morning that, for a variety of reasons,
including travel logistics and cost effectiveness, Frankfurt is now the
location of the F2F meeting instead of Amsterdam (exact venue to be
confirmed shortly). We sincerely hope that you will be able to find some
flexibility in your undoubtedly very busy schedules to accommodate this
meeting and please do note that remote participation will be available for
those that are not able to participate in person.

Given these limitations on scheduling, in the interests of providing
certainty to those who may face delays in securing necessary visas and to
those who may be traveling at their own expense, we would like to confirm
the date and venue of the meeting will remain unchanged going forward.

Best regards,

Jonathan Robinson and Lise Fuhr