[CWG-Stewardship] [IANA-issues] Fwd: Names Community vs the other two communities

Guru Acharya gurcharya at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 17:25:20 UTC 2014

Greg,

You suggest that IANA should be removed from ICANN and transferred to a new
legal entity that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ICANN. There can then be
a SLA between ICANN and the subsidiary.

I think I like this idea.

But can you suggest a mechanism to ensure that the decision of changing the
IANA operator from the subsidiary to a new entity in the future will rest
with GNSO/CCSNO and not the ICANN board.