[CWG-Stewardship] Financing the new IANA

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sun Oct 26 04:05:45 UTC 2014

And my question:  Where does IANA’s money come from now.  My understanding is that the NTIA’s only role is oversight - not funding.  If that is the case, then industry (registries/registrars) already fund IANA functions - so the call for IANA functions to remain cost free is simply an extension of the present situation (without NTIA oversight).  Any corrections welcome.

HOlly