[CWG-Stewardship] Financing the new IANA

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sun Oct 26 10:48:25 UTC 2014

Hi , and thanks for the clarification

I don’t think I ever said IANA functions are cost free - only that ICANN now picks up the tab - however that appears in the ICANN budget.  So the original concern of James is a description of the current situation - public interest functions are funded NOW by registries and registrars. The issue, therefore, is whether that is a current concern and if, so, suggestions for an alternative response.

Holly