[CWG-Stewardship] [IANA-issues] Oversight -- with or without Internet end users?

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 16:37:50 UTC 2014

@All:

A couple of though/questions.

If IANA is moved outside ICANN,  where will be it incorporated if at all?

What about proposing more than one IANA like structure/organization/company
(or whatever) outside ICANN to promote competition among themself? In other
words, if you do not like the services provided by X you contract with Z
and so forth.

-ed

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 6:44 AM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Tijani, Olivier, all
>
> In view of the recent events, I think it will be good to hear from list
> members on what we expect the transitioned oversight for names to look
> like. This will help inform those of us on the cwg.
>
> I will really encourage as many members on this list to subscribe to the
> cwg list as well so things can be more synchronised in real-time as things
> are moving at an  exponential pace and I fear we may overtook some aspects
> if we don't have as many eye balls on the watch.
>
> Cheers!
>
> sent from Google nexus 4
> kindly excuse brevity and typos.
> On 25 Oct 2014 01:40, "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa at planet.tn>
> wrote:
>
>>  Olivier and Alan,
>>

>> I share the point of Olivier. I have the feeling that the trend is to
>> give the role to the DNS industry, ignoring the remaining stakeholders and
>> especially in our case the end users. In the CCWG charter drafting team,
>> someone from GNSO chaired the first call and said that they are waiting the
>> ccNSO to appoint a co-chair. I asked the following question:
>>
>> How the chairs have been chosen? While I understood that for the CWG
>> charter drafting team, the co-chairs were from GNSO and ccNSO because the
>> CWG was mainly about the transition of the stewardship of the IANA naming
>> function, I can’t see why it is also the GNSO and the ccNSO who are de
>> facto chairing this team who will draft the charter of the ICANN
>> accountability and governance CCWG.
>>
>>                 I also made it clear that I don’t contest those chairs or
>> their affiliation, but need to understand.
>>
>> The answer was very evasive, and no reason was provided. I think that
>> they think that it’s their business, and we are there to complete the MSM
>> scene only.

>> *Tijani BEN JEMAA*
>>
>> Executive Director
>>
>> Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations (*FMAI*)
>>
>> Phone:  + 216 41 649 605
>>
>> Mobile: + 216 98 330 114
>>
>> Fax:       + 216 70 853 376

*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.