[CWG-Stewardship] [IANA-issues] CWG RFP 2C - Draft Triage of IANA Functions Contract

Burr, Becky Becky.Burr at neustar.biz
Mon Oct 27 17:22:03 UTC 2014

+1

J. Beckwith Burr
Neustar, Inc. / Deputy General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer
1775 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20006
Office: + 1.202.533.2932  Mobile:  +1.202.352.6367  / becky.burr at neustar.biz<mailto:becky.burr at neustar.biz> / www.neustar.biz

From: Maarten Botterman GNKS <maarten at gnksconsult.com<mailto:maarten at gnksconsult.com>>
Date: Monday, October 27, 2014 at 1:10 PM
To: "cwg-stewardship at icann.org<mailto:cwg-stewardship at icann.org>" <cwg-stewardship at icann.org<mailto:cwg-stewardship at icann.org>>
Subject: Re: [CWG-Stewardship] [IANA-issues] CWG RFP 2C - Draft Triage of IANA Functions Contract

I’m with Avri on this. Never heard anyone being unhappy about the IANA practical work (“IANA functions”) as such, I think the world sees that that works, and an old saying in IT is “don’t fix it if it isn’t broken”. It works. Let’s keep the focus on where it is to be, effectively: on the oversight function organization. A challenge big enough to keep us busy without also considering a different organization of the functions at the same time – in particular when there is no apparent need for that.

Or did I miss something?