[CWG-Stewardship] [IANA-issues] ccTLDs - was Names Community vs the other two communities

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon Oct 27 21:32:17 UTC 2014

 Paul M Kane writes:

 > (Sorry for the delay in replying, I am doing this CWG role in my spare
 > time).

Don't we all?

 > When the IANA was administered by Jon Postel - he purposefully empowered
 > each ccTLD Registry to directly manage (and be exclusively responsible
 > for) their entries in the IANA database via an interface provided by the
 > then Network Solutions.

Eh?? It might be that my memoery is starting to fail me, but as far
as I remember it was always been direct (e-) mail contact with Jon
and friends. Network Solutions was not involved in any root zone
maintenance.

	jaap