[CWG-Stewardship] Financing the new IANA

Vika Mpisane vika at zadna.org.za
Tue Oct 28 09:11:06 UTC 2014

Thanks for referring to the ccNSO Finance WG, Mathieu.

Yes, the Finance WG considered many scenarios indeed, and we appreciated
that the key cost that ICANN incurs for ccTLDs is the IANA service. It was
difficult to come up with one-size-fit-all contribution because ccTLD sizes
(in terms of domain name registration figures) differ largely, but the
conclusion was that ccTLDs should be encouraged to contribute to ICANN
across different bands.

Regards,
Vika