[CWG-Stewardship] Draft of Principles

Lise Fuhr lise.fuhr at difo.dk
Thu Oct 30 09:55:46 UTC 2014

Hello Matthew,

They are not the same or related.

Best,

Lise

Fra: Matthew Shears [mailto:mshears at cdt.org]
Sendt: 30. oktober 2014 10:51
Til: Lise Fuhr; cwg-stewardship at icann.org
Emne: Re: [CWG-Stewardship] Draft of Principles

Hello Lise

Are the Fuhr/Boyle principles the same or related to the principles the GAC
announced it was working on in LA?

Thanks.

Matthew

On 10/29/2014 7:54 PM, Lise Fuhr wrote:

Dear All,

As per the request from last week's call we have produced a list of the
principles from the Charter of the CWG and the ICG (attached).

Also as discussed last week Martin Boyle and I have been elaborating a set
of principles and/or the criteria against which we would review the
proposals the CWG will be developing, in order to ensure that the proposal
takes into account the different aspects that need to be covered.

The draft of those principles and/or criteria are also attached to this
email for your consideration.

Given this is not directly in line with the work required to develop
proposals I am suggesting that these should only be discussed on the mailing
list for time being.

We will allocate time at the Face to Face meeting in Germany for us to
consider the latest version of these as they will have evolved from
discussions on the list.

Best regards,
Lise

Matthew Shears
Director - Global Internet Policy and Human Rights
Center for Democracy & Technology (CDT)
mshears at cdt.org
+ 44 771 247 2987