[CWG-Stewardship] FW: Responding to Olivier

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:19:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

>  Alan,
>
> Let me clarify what I mean by politicization. And let me use your own
> analogy of hiring an electrician to fix the wiring in your house.
>

> Yes, if you hire an electrician you have the right and the duty to engage
> in “oversight” as s/he does the work. What some people seem to be proposing
> here, however is that both the decision which electrician to hire and the
> oversight of that work should be done not by you, but by a broadly
> representative neighborhood committee (because, you know, if your house
> burns down theirs might be affected ;-)

I think the example of Alan hiring an electrician for his house may not be
as encompassing enough for the subject matter since Alan would normally
have ownership of his household.

Try this:  Alan wanting to fix a transformer that is used by the entire
neighbourhood and after consulting with an electrician, he was made to
realise that the transformer was okay but the solution required was to
share the load by ensuring that each member of the neighbourhood does not
exceed certain voltage level. I don't think determining such process and
the oversight thereof will be done by Alan alone.

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*