[CWG-Stewardship] Notes and action items from today's meeting

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Thu Oct 30 19:54:04 UTC 2014

Seun, allow me to reply on behalf of Marika and the support team.
(in-line below)

From:  Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com>
Date:  Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:44 PM
To:  Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>
Cc:  "cwg-stewardship at icann.org" <cwg-stewardship at icann.org>
Subject:  Re: [CWG-Stewardship] Notes and action items from today's meeting

Hello Marika,

Thanks for sharing this, just a few things i like to clarify

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>
wrote:
> * #3 - Staff to capture discussions to date in relation to sub-group 3 to
> serve as a starting point
Is there a timeline to this? as i presume it will really be useful for
sub-group 3 team.
The next call is Tuesday, so I would expect a summary to be presented on
Tuesday's call.

> * #4 - Staff to create a new mailing list for sub-group 3 but with all WG
> members and participants subscribed to this list
I am not sure i get this particular action item....especially as it mention
that all WG members and participants will be subscribed. How is that
different from the current cwg list?
You'll see this conversation evolving in the transcript and recording, but
the basic reason for creating a duplicate list was to focus the conversation
on the RFP3 topic, while not overlapping with the rest of the regular CWG
list traffic. This also creates, as Amr and Greg noted, an clean public
archive on the topic.

> The recording, transcript and materials from today¹s meeting will be available
> here shortly: https://community.icann.org/x/qSrxAg.

Awaiting the audio....by the way i noticed that the meeting ended within
70min (as opposed 120min), is this because there were no more issues to
discuss (which i doubt will be the case ;)). Is this a sign that 2hrs may be
too long for a conference call?
I will upload the audio and transcript by end of day today (midnight UTC).
The reason for the short call was in part, because the sub-groups have not
yet fully developed their work. Once we get going on the substance, as Greg
noted, I would expect the calls to last for the full allotted time. From a
scheduling perspective, it is also easier to plan for more time rather than
run over.

> The next meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday 4 November from 14.00 ­ 16.00
> UTC.

Noted!

Cheers!