[CWG-Stewardship] Notes and action items from today's meeting

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 14:44:47 UTC 2014

Seun,

Amr is correct. That was the spirit behind doing the list split. Everyone
agreed.

-ed

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Amr Elsadr <aelsadr at egyptig.org> wrote:

> Hi Seun,
>
> The concern was that updates from other subgroups may become more
> difficult to spot amidst the large volume of traffic generated by the
> discussions of subgroup 3. We just figured that a dedicated list for that
> topic would make things easier, as well as provide a separate archive where
> anyone can go back to. This would also be true for people who aren’t
> members or participants in the CWG.
>
> That was really all it was, as far as I remember.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Amr
>
> On Oct 30, 2014, at 9:09 PM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Grace,
>
> Thanks for your response, without necessarily streching this, kindly find
> below ;)
>
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Grace Abuhamad <grace.abuhamad at icann.org>
>  wrote:
>

>>    - #4 - Staff to create a new mailing list for sub-group 3 but with
>>    all WG members and participants subscribed to this list
>>
>> I am not sure i get this particular action item....especially as it
> mention that all WG members and participants will be subscribed. How is
> that different from the current cwg list?
> You'll see this conversation evolving in the transcript and recording, but
> the basic reason for creating a duplicate list was to focus the
> conversation on the RFP3 topic, while not overlapping with the rest of the
> regular CWG list traffic. This also creates, as Amr and Greg noted, an
> clean public archive on the topic.
>
> Hmm...Grace, unless its gonna be a moderated list, i am not entirely sure
> about this concept. Nevertheless, it does not hurt trying ;)
>

>> The recording, transcript and materials from today’s meeting will be
>> available here shortly: https://community.icann.org/x/qSrxAg.
>>

> Awaiting the audio....by the way i noticed that the meeting ended within
> 70min (as opposed 120min), is this because there were no more issues to
> discuss (which i doubt will be the case ;)). Is this a sign that 2hrs may
> be too long for a conference call?
> I will upload the audio and transcript by end of day today (midnight UTC).
> The reason for the short call was in part, because the sub-groups have not
> yet fully developed their work. Once we get going on the substance, as Greg
> noted, I would expect the calls to last for the full allotted time. From a
> scheduling perspective, it is also easier to plan for more time rather than
> run over.
>
> Okay noted!
>
> Thanks
>

> The next meeting has been scheduled for* Tuesday 4 November from
> 14.00 – 16.00 UTC*.
>
> Noted!
>
> Cheers!
>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Marika

> --
>

> *Seun Ojedeji,Federal University Oye-Ekitiweb:
> [...]

*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.